I was tagged by Rivulette the other day so here I go playing along…
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself. (See below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (See further below…)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Random things about yours truly:
1. I *heart* Indian food just about as much as I *heart* Italian food. I had forgotten until this week how much I love the stuff. I used to eat it almost weekly in Austin. I either had it for dinner at Star of India or went to the food court at Dobie and had it there for lunch. I found a restaurant in Little Rock while here this week (another Star of India… it’s a popular restaurant name I suppose) and ate there twice. Yes, I had Indian food twice this week and I’m paying for it now.
2. I don’t have a gall bladder. Yup, they ripped it out of me RIGHT after finals and RIGHT before graduation my last year of college. It made for some rough finals, but I think my teachers took pity on me and threw those tests out. I made sure and wore my ER bracelet that I had during my French final to prove I was in a bad way. I’ve decided it’s not an important organ and I survived Indian food twice this week (first time since they took it away from me) so I suppose I’ll survive the rest of my days without it.
3. I’m highly organized and have a system for life but I’m not anal. I don’t like things being out of order or in disarray. I know where things are, I know where things need to be, and I like it that way.
4. I didn’t know I wanted to “craft” until just a few years ago. I always had a box of art supplies (nice water colors, nice pastels, nice colored pencils, nice paper, etc – always nice, never cheapo) but I didn’t keep up with things until I took up knitting. Knitting yarn led to knitting wire bracelets which led to making other jewelry which led back to knitting yarn and then on to spinning the stuff. I love it. If I could do that all day every day, I’d be set.
5. The town I live in is too small for me. I’ve visiting a few larger cities this past year (no, I’m not talking about NYC or San Francisco – although, those places are nice too) and realized I’m too big for where I live. It’s beautiful, it’s lovely, I love it, and all of those things, but opportunity is limited. I need something slightly larger and my next life plan is figuring out either how to get there or how to find more opportunity where I am.
6. I used to want a traditional wedding, but now I’m not so sure. I love, love, love my sweet boy and for the first time, I don’t need to prove that to 100 people while wearing a $500 white dress. I want to do something for us – that is us – and that leaves us money for other things (like a fabu honeymoon in Europe?). I just don’t have to show everyone that I can spend a lot of money on wedding favors.
There you go – 6 wonderfully, random things about me.